Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
We offer boarding services for cats and other small animals, including rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, hedgehogs, birds and even fish. We take pride in having a safe space for cats to stay while you’re away. Our veterinarians and staff are here 7 days a week to make sure your cat remains happy and healthy while in our care. We can feed them, and give medications on their regular schedule as you instruct us. We also have a full-time animal care attendant who looks after and spends time with all the pets in our care!
Our cat boarding facility is kept on the top floor where there is peace and quiet. The climate-controlled area has large cages and some kitty condos that have 2 levels in them with perches to sit on. Cats are rotated one at a time to have a walk around the room, perch in the windowsills, play with toys and use the scratching post.
Our boarding facility is kept clean and pets are well cared for by our attentive staff. If any concerns arise there are veterinarians on site to examine and monitor the animals. This equates to a comfortable, safe, enjoyable stay.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.826.9344. We will take a history of your pet from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Sunday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
5. At this time, we are only accepting credit card and debit card payments. No cash.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Tantallon Veterinary Hospital